SENSIBLE RECORD LABELS Hand-pressed unique ‘black/red/yellow crush’ LP
We had a lovely time this Record Store Day, getting together with some of our best pals at some of the best forward-thinking indie labels around the country (like Transgressive/Bella Union/ Memphis Industries and more), and put together something a little special for RSD ’15 – The Sensible Record Labels compilation.
It sold out everywhere, but it seems the distro had a few that never made it to shops, so we’ll be selling them through our store while stocks last.
Crafted with criticisms of high-priced reissues and major label dominance of RSD top of mind, this special vinyl is priced at just £10, and looks bloody lovely. Our man Jaro sat in his garage over Christmas and ground down red, yellow and black vinyl – which was then hand-pressed into see-through 12”s so each copy is unique.
As well as the record itself, which boasts 11 hand-picked tracks (1 from each label) – the package comes with a download card containing 150MB from every label too, containing songs, videos, documents, photos and more.
It’s the best thing you’ll buy today. Check out this (mainly exclusive tracklisting)
* Menace Beach – Hello Bully (Memphis Industries)
The Pains of Being Pure At Heart – Masokissed (Fierce Panda)
Alvvays – Underneath Us (Transgressive)
* Simmer – Bering Strait (Dog Knights Productions)
* C-Duncan – The Castle Walls (FatCat)
* Tellison – Boy (Alcopop!)
* Joanna Gruesome – There Is No Function Stacy (Fortuna Pop!)
* Bernard + Edith – Dagger (Bella Union)
* Best Friends – Wash Me Out (Art is Hard)
* Woahnows – Sounds Like Spitting (Big Scary Monsters)
* Silver Waves – Gargoyle (Howling Owl)